With nearly 61% of Americans now seeking medical information online, there’s no doubt that they are often selecting their physicians online as well. That fact that a patient can easily find you website is often their first impression as to whether your not your practice will be a convenient experience for them. Here are some of the other reasons why every medical practice needs professional medical website design.
1. It’s an affordable way to reach new patients without investing in costly print advertising – not to mention it enhances your professional image among colleagues (i.e. your referring base).
2. Having an up-to-date website gives both patients and potential referring physicians that you offer the latest medical technologies as well.
3. Reduces the amount of time your staff spends on the phone by providing basic information such as directions, scheduling instructions, answers to commonly asked questions, etc.
4. Enhances the patient experience by providing downloadable patient forms, online bill pay, patient portals, etc.
5. Establishes your medical authority by providing free resources and health information to both existing and future patients.
6. Allows you to easily and quickly communicate with patients about new services and offerings. Take this idea to the next level with a newsletter where you can provide practice updates. The more patients feel connected to your practice, the more likely you are to retain them.